During our lifetime, our body’s cells, tissues and organs are gradually damaged by wear and tear, and oxidation by free radicals. With advances in medicine and improved nutrition in the past century, more people are able to overcome infectious diseases and ensure quality of life for extended periods. But we are striving for more. We are seeking more ways to enhance life quality extension.
Choosing the Correct Vitamins for Life Quality Extension
As we age, physical requirements to maintain a healthy body change as do our body’s nutritional requirements. Our bodies require changing amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other macronutrients at different ages.
The main guidelines to follow when choosing the correct vitamins to take for quality of life in all stages of life are:
- Always take blood tests to determine which vitamins your body is lacking.
- Confer with your doctor regarding suitable medication.
- Make sure that your food plan is suited to the vitamins that you are taking.
- Be as physically active as you can to condition your muscles and maintain internal organ function
Do Supplements contribute to Life Extension?
Research has shown that in our pursuit to prevent and repair cellular damage in the human body, vitamins and nutritional supplements can have a positive effect. Each person has a different DNA that affects every organ and its function in our bodies, so the vitamins and supplements that we take will have a different effect on each and every one of us.
Discovering which supplement is the most beneficial for a specific ailment or disability is crucial and not always clear to us. Consulting with a professional in this field will benefit us greatly. Not only will we be taking the correct supplement, but the dosage will be suited exactly to us.
Here are some factors to take into consideration when taking supplements for life extension:
- Taking a supplement instead of prescription medication or together with it – will the effects of the supplement be enough to overcome the health issue at hand? Will we need prescription medication in addition to the supplements? How will they work together?
- Taking the supplement that will have the most positive effect – which other health issues do we have at this time and how will one supplement affect each of these? Each person will react in a different way according to their personal health issues.
- The right supplement at the right time – when matching a supplement to a patient, we have to consider the time of year – is the weather hot or cold and how that will affect the patient – as well as the time of day the supplement should be taken for the best effect.
In our quest for life quality extension there are many actions that we can take to bring us closer to succeeding. We can maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating a balanced diet and exercising frequently. We do not, however, have control on how our nutrition is utilized in our body. Taking supplements, therefore, is a way of augmenting vital quantities of vitamins and minerals that will bring us closer to realizing our quest for life quality extension.